I’ve had a bit of a time getting myself organized to actually share recipes the past few weeks. Sometimes the world gets squarely and firmly planted between me and my camera. So annoying! BUT this does not mean I haven’t been cooking and eating, of course, and I am super focused on eating healthy. I am not in the midst of a cleanse or anything right now, but I know that I feel SO MUCH BETTER when my meals revolve around veggies with lots of colors! I know many of you are the same way and you may be actually committed to a cleanse diet right now. If you are, this recipe will make you forget you are on a cleanse! It is totally in line with what you should be eating and it is amazing, if I do humbly say so myself!
There is a short list of ingredients here and the whole dish comes together in less than 45 minutes! One of the things I loved about this recipe is that it is truly “one-pot”.
The veggies – onion, carrot, celery, and sun-dried tomato – are simply chopped and sauteed in olive oil for about 5 minutes. I like to add the seasonings next – sage, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
Add the cannellini beans and butternut squash and broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add the chopped swiss chard near the end to retain it’s color.
I adjusted the seasonings and added a sprig of fresh thyme to the stew pot and then it was like magic as the flavors came together and a beautifully complex dish was ready to enjoy. The earthy and smokiness of the sun-dried tomatoes adds an amazing depth to the flavors. It’s scrumptious.
Perfect when it’s cold outside…
- 2 cup Butternut Squash
- ½ cup Sweet Onion
- ½ cup Celery
- ½ cup Carrot
- ½ cup Sun-Dried Tomato
- 1 can Cannelini Beans
- 4 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 cup Swiss Chard
- 2 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Sprig of Fresh Thyme
- Saute mirepoix (onion, celery and carrot) and sund-dried tomatoes in olive oil over medium-low heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add sage, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes and stir to coat.
- Add the cannellini beans, butternut squash and vegetable stock and allow to simmer until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add swiss chard and a small sprig of fresh thyme to the pot and continue to simmer for about 10 -15 more minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings and serve.