Coconut Curry of Potato, Apple, Kale and Garbanzo Beans
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoon Curry Spices
- ½ cup Onion
- 3 small Red Potatoes
- 2 medium Apples
- 1 small Bumch Kale
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- 2 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 tablespoon Sliced Almonds
- 1 dash Ground Coriander
- Heat oil in a dutch oven style heavy pot on top of the stove over medium-low. Add curry spices to the oil and allow to simmer a few minutes to release the flavors.
- Add sliced onion to the curry oil and saute slowly to cook the onion down to almost caramelize it - about 15 minutes.
- Add the peeled and diced potato cubes to the onion mixture and allow potatoes to soften and even begin to brown just a bit. Allow to cook until potatoes begin to soften - about 10 minutes.
- Toss chopped kale leaves and diced apple into the mixture and stir, mixing the ingredients and allowing the kale and apple to begin to cook very gently for about 5-7 minutes. Season the pan with salt and white pepper at this time.
- Add coconut milk, along with the garbanzo beans, to the pan. Stir to combine all the ingredients and allow the curry to simmer on very low to combine flavors and complete the cooking of the ingredients. The elements of this curry dish should have some texture of the ingredients in tact when served.
- Serve over a scoop of jasmine rice and garnish with sliced almonds and a dusting of ground coriander.