My morning granola… I’m not sure where I’d be without it.
Simple, yet somehow extravagant. Packed with nutrient dense seeds, nuts and whole grains, it boasts flavor and texture and nourishment that you could never, ever get from a box. Rich in plant-based protein and healthy fats, and naturally sweet from dried fruit and raw honey, it is satisfying well into the day. It’s my go-to on many weekdays, and special enough to offer up to friends and family if they happen to be visiting at breakfast time…
My favorite weekday breakfast is 1/2 c. granola, 1/2 c. fresh fruit, about 1 c. almond milk and coffee (of course).
It really is so simple to make. Combine, stir, bake, add fruit, and jar.
I hope you’ll make a batch the next time you’re in the kitchen. Put a pretty jar out on the counter, stash some in the freezer to keep it perfectly fresh for later, and share a small jar or bag with a friend (for life!).
- 5 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Raw Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Chopped Raw Walnuts
- 1 cup Sesame Seeds, Raw
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds, Raw
- ⅔ cup Raw Honey
- ⅔ cup Walnut Oil, Cold Pressed
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 cup Flaked Unsweetened Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Combine all dry ingredients (exclude raisins and cocunut) in a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Combine honey and walnut oil and drizzle over dry ingredients while stirring to toss and combine.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring and turning the pan every 15 minutes.
- Cool on the pan on a rack. Add coconut and raisins and stir to combine.
- Store in a sealed jar or bag. Best to store a small amount in cupboard and the rest in the freezer to protect the oils in the seeds, nuts and grains from going rancid.