Enough for 4 – 6 pita sandwiches or 25 small rounds for an appetizer plate.
I like to serve this as an appetizer with some crudite: celery, carrots, cucumber slices, tomatoes,
and some baguette rounds or whole grain bread, cut into triangles. The children get their
veggies and they are loving them while you have time to get the rest of the dinner together.
- 1 1/4 cups frozen green peas
- 1 cup cooked chick peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pea tendrils (for garnish)
- Puree first 8 ingredients in food processor until almost smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl and serve topped with pea tendrils.