White Bean and Roasted Beet Hummus
- 1 Whole Beet Root
- 1 can White Cannellini Beans
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 small Lemon
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Roast the beet until tender by placing inside a parchment lined foil pouch at 350° oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly then peel the skin and cut up into chunks. Add to the blender or food processor.
- Add beans, tahini, garlic and lemon juice to the blender and puree until smooth. Add a teaspoon of cold water if needed to reach the desired smooth consistency.
- Add the feta cheese and blend to combine into the hummus, tasting and adjusting the seasoning as necessary after the feta is added.
- Serve with vegetable crudites or pita chips for a colorful and healthy snack!